End-User License Agreement
End-User License Agreement for the software product(s), hereby referred to as “PRODUCT”, a plugin(s) for MAXON’s Cinema 4D
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING THE PROGRAM
For the purposes of this agreement GameLogicDesign Ltd, (“GameLogicDesign”) a private limited company registered in the New Zealand, shall be considered as the supplier of the plugin “PRODUCT”.
This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you, the Authorized User (either an individual or a single corporate entity), and GameLogicDesign for the software product identified above, which may include associated software components, media, printed materials, and online or electronic documentation.
By installing, copying, or otherwise using PRODUCT you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. This license agreement represents the entire agreement concerning the program between you (“the licensee”) and GameLogicDesign (“the licensor”), and it supersedes any prior proposal, representation, or understanding between the parties. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use PRODUCT.
PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The plugin is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE
PRODUCT is licensed as follows:
(a) Installation and Use
- (a.1) For R17-R19 versions of Cinema4D, GameLogicDesign grants you the right to install and use a copy of the plugin on up to two computers, as long as only one installation is used at any given time. The plugins must be installed on a computer running a validly licensed copy of MAXON’s Cinema 4D. If you wish to use the plugin on more than one computer, at the same time, you must purchase an appropriate number of additional licenses.
- (a.2) Plugins that come with a GumRoad license for R20 versions of Cinema 4D onwards can be installed on only one computer. The licence is locked to the hardware. If you wish to use the plugin on more than one computer then you must purchase an appropriate number of additional licenses.
- (a.3) Pay What You Want (PWYW) plugins for R20 versions of Cinema 4D onwards can be installed on only one computer. If you wish to use the plugin on more than one computer, at the same time, you must purchase an appropriate number of additional licenses.
- (a.4) Any plugins listed as Free can be installed on as many computers as you wish.
(b) Backup Copies.
You may also make copies of the plugin as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.
(c) Individual (Locked) licences
For R17->R19, an individual (Locked) license of PRODUCT is locked to the serial number of Cinema 4D. In cases of genuine error GameLogicDesign will consider each case on an individual basis, in all other cases a reasonable administration charge may apply.
For R20 onwards your licences are locked to the hardware of your computer.
(d) Support updates
- (d.1) Plugins that come with a GumRoad license will get free updates for 1 year from the date of purchase, for the current version of Cinema 4D that the PRODUCT was purchased for. This does NOT include upgrades to new versions of Cinema 4D (for instance from R21 to R22), see section 1.e.
- (d.2) For Free or Pay What You Want (PWYW) versions of the plugins, we do not guaranteed to provide any updates. You may be required to purchase the plugin again to receive any updates, if any are available.
(e) Upgrades to new versions of Cinema 4D
Upgrades to new versions of Cinema 4D will require a new build, due to ongoing changes in Cinema 4D. Because of this you may be required to purchase an update from the online store to get the new version of PRODUCT to continue using it in the new version of Cinema 4D.
GameLogicDesign reserves the right to refuse to provide new licence keys in cases of suspected software piracy.
GameLogicDesign is not responsible if upgrades to Cinema 4D breaks the plugins compatibility. In this case you will need to upgrade to the latest version of PRODUCT.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
(a) Maintenance of Copyright Notices.
You must not remove or alter any copyright notices on any and all copies of PRODUCT.
You may not distribute registered copies of PRODUCT to third parties. Every PRODUCT is uniquely encoded to the license and purchaser, we reserve the right to close any license in the case of piracy or public distribution violating these terms and conditions.
(c) Prohibition on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly.
You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble this plugin, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. Any alteration of the binary will result in termination of the license.
You may not rent, lease, or lend the software.
(e) Support Services.
GameLogicDesign may provide you with support services related to the plugin (“Support Services”). Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the software and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA.
(f) Compliance with Applicable Laws.
You must comply with all applicable laws regarding use of the software.
You may not use PRODUCT to create an automated 3D PDF conversion service.
Without prejudice to any other rights, GameLogicDesign may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the plugin in your possession.
All title, including but not limited to copyrights, in and to PRODUCT and any copies thereof are owned by GameLogicDesign. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by GameLogicDesign.
5. NO WARRANTIES
GameLogicDesign expressly disclaims any warranty for the plugin “PRODUCT”. The plugin is provided “As Is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness of a particular purpose. GameLogicDesign does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within PRODUCT. GameLogicDesign makes no warranties in respect of any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb, logic bomb, or other such computer program. GameLogicDesign further expressly disclaims any warranty or representation to Authorized Users or to any third party.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall GameLogicDesign be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, or lost information) rising out of “Authorized Users” use of or inability to use PRODUCT, even if GameLogicDesign has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will GameLogicDesign be liable for loss of data or for indirect, special, incidental, consequential (including lost profit), or other damages based in contract, tort or otherwise. GameLogicDesign shall have no liability with respect to the content of PRODUCT or any part thereof, including but not limited to errors or omissions contained therein, libel, infringements of rights of publicity, privacy, trademark rights, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, moral rights or the disclosure of confidential information. Installation of the software indicates your acceptance of these conditions.